logo logo

Whether the registering office accepts documents, which contain interlineations, blanks, erasures, or alternations?

If the documents presented for registration contains interlineations, blanks, erasures or alternations, the registering officer may refuse to accept such document for registration. Interlineations mean inserting words between the lines/words of a document. Section 20 of the Indian Registration Act makes it mandatory that such interlineations, blanks, erasures or alterations should be attested by signatures or initials of persons executing the document. Insisting on attestation by full signatures is preferable.

Rule 42 of the Karnataka Registration Rules, 1965 prescribes that each important interlineations, erasure or alternation occurring in document should be noted at the foot of the document of each page and shall be signed by the Executant before accepting for registration.


Whether the land converted for residential purposes could be utilized for construction of a school building?

In case of take over loan where the property is transferred by virtue of a general power of attorney whether the bank should insist on execution of a new general power of attorney or the earlier general power of attorney will hold good?

It is the normal practice that banks advance money to the individual borrowers for purchase of flats in an apartment building. Suppose after release of  home loan to the individual borrower, either in full or in part, who in turn has passed on this sum to the developer and  the developer abandons the project half way through  or unduly  delays in completion of the apartment building depriving the borrower to get the sale deed  executed in his favour, then how  the bank can enforce its  right for the money lent to the borrower for purchase of a flat in  the said apartment building? 

What right the creditor bank gets from the deed of declaration and joint development agreement, if not registered or proper stamp duty is not paid on the instrument?

Whether the deed of declaration and joint development agreements are enforceable in court of law without paying stamp duty?

What is meant by irrevocable power of attorney of immovable properties?

Is it necessary to register Power of Attorney to present documents for registration?

Is it necessary to register a General Power of Attorney (GPA)? 

What is the difference between Witness and Consenting Witness?

Can one become owner of a flat by purchasing and registering only undivided share of the land?