logo logo

We have a house in the heart of Bangalore City.  It has been registered in my husband’s name.  Over the years due to some misunderstandings in the family, he says that he will gift the house to some charitable institution.  We have two children, a boy and girl.  Don’t we have a right to the property?  Can he give away the house just like that?

- by Fatima Mary Nagarabhavi, Bangalore

If your husband had purchased the house by his own earnings, he can dispose the property as per his wish.  You and your children do not have any right on such property.  However, you and your children are entitled for monthly maintenance from him.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.