logo logo

I have my eyes set on a particular house in Murugeshpalya. All the legal documents seem to be in order but the vendor has misplaced the original sale deed. All the same, he has a certified copy of the same. Shall I go ahead and buy this house?

- by P. Manjunath, Domlur

If the vendor doesn't have the original document / parental deed, do not buy the house. It is likely that the vendor might have created an equitable mortgage by depositing the title deed. In such cases you are liable to pay the loan along with the interest. You will not be in a position to avail housing finance without the parental deed.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.