logo logo

My son wants to purchase a plot near Horamavu, but on verification of CDP map, the plot was found to be in green belt area. I have been advised that non-agriculturist is not eligible to purchase agricultural lands. The present owner assures me that the problem can be solved by registering the land in Sq, fts. Instead of guntas. My father is a farmer. Many such transactions have taken place. Can my son purchase this land and construct a house. There are also chances of land being notified by BDA, in that case what are the consequences?

- by Raana Reddy, Kolar

At the outset, if you are sure of that the lands will be notified by BDA, better to advise your son not to purchase and construct the may be compensated, but it is time consuming process. Since your father is an agriculturist and since your son is from agriculturist family he may purchase the plot and get it registered in guntas itself provided if he qualifies under eligible income category. Any person, family, joint family who are agriculturists and the assured annual income from non-agricultural sources is less than two lakhs may purchase agricultural lands. To arrive at this benchmark of two lakhs, the non- agricultural income of all the family members, joint family member will be considered. The average assured non-agricultural income of the person, family, joint family for the immediate previous five years should be less than two lakhs. If your son fits into this rule, he may purchase the plot.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.