logo logo

I am planning to buy a site.  Site owner is in USA. He has given GPA to his relative. I came to know that there are different types of GPAs. If I want to buy that site, how to know what kind of GPA he gave  to his relative. If the person is in USA is it possible to give GPA to the other person?

- by Sudhakar Babu, HSR Layout, Bangalore

NRIs can execute GPA in India before leaving India or can even execute it abroad. However, the same has to be executed before Consulate / Embassy / Notary public on the appropriate stamp paper or the same can be executed on white paper before these authorities and  stamp duty can be paid in the District Registrar’s Office within three months of its receipt in India. If the GPA date is very old, then the genuineness of the same has to be confirmed from the executant in writing.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.