logo logo

What is the mode of payment under the SAS? I have lost / misplaced the tax receipt for the property tax paid last year. What should I do to obtain a duplicate copy?

- by Kittappa, Yeshwanthapur

Property tax under the Self Assessment Scheme [SAS] may be paid by way of cheque, DD or cash. In addition to the 30 Range Offices, nearly 80 branches of various banks (Dena Bank, Syndicate Bank, ING Vysya Bank, Mysore Bank, Corporation bank, Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank, and Canara Bank) have been authorized to receive the property tax and issue receipts on behalf of the BBMP.

You can request the Assistant Revenue Officer to issue an endorsement saying that the property tax for a particular property has been paid.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.