logo logo

If the property owner dies, what is the procedure to be followed for changing the property to his legal heirs names?

- by Muniswamy, Salem

Legal heirs have to approach the competent court of law to obtain succession certificate. Government employees may obtain legal heirs certificate from Revenue authorities. In case the property left behind by the deceased person are sites/houses falling within the city limits, the legal heirs have to obtain a death certificate, succession certificate, legal heirs certificate with supporting affidavit and details of the property.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.