logo logo

I own a flat in Bangalore but staying in Baroda, on account of my job.  The flat owners’ society for which I am member is charging me for common expenses, though I am not using any common amenities.  Can I refuse to pay?

- by Lingappa, Bangalore

Every flat owner is bound to pay his share of common expenses, irrespective of the fact whether he uses it or not.  This because the flat owner holds the undivided interest in common areas.  You cannot refuse to pay your share of common expenses.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.