logo logo

I purchased a first floor flat from a promoter. From the second floor water is leading into my bathroom. Shall I ask the promoter to rectify the defect or the second floor owner? What is the remedy? Can I file a case against the promoter?

- by Ismail Khan, Shivajinagar

You have not mentioned when you bought the flat. If it is a recent purchase the Promoter is bound to rectify the defect as per the agreement. If the flat is two or three years old, you may take up the matter with the flat owners' association. Or you may ask the second floor owner to rectify the defect and share the expenses.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.