logo logo

My husband who was English-man had his domicile in Australia. He died during his visit to India at Mysore. He has some movable and immovable properties in India. Please inform how his assets will devolve. 

- by Cecilia, Bangalore

The devolution of assets of your husband is as per the provisions of the Indian Succession Act 1925. The said Act provides different procedures for movable and immovable assets. The devolution of immovable properties will be as per Indian laws, that is Indian Succession Act. The devolution of movable properties is as per the law of his domiciled country, “succession of movable properties of Englishman domiciled in Australia”.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.