logo logo

I am an NRI. My younger brother has forged my signature and created a fake power of attorney and has taken a loan from bank against my house and now he claims that the house belongs to him. What should I do under the circum-stances?

- by Raghavendra, BTM Layout

It is not understood as to on what basis your brother is claiming ownership of  your house. If the loan has been obtained in your name against collateral security of your house, your brother cannot become owner of the house. You can always challenge the action of the Bank in granting loan without ascertaining the authenticity of the power of attorney. There may be other discrepancies also in disbursing the loan and in completing the formalities for grant of loan. These need to be checked. You can initiate criminal action against your brother for committing acts of forgery and cheating.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.