logo logo

Can I rectify the omission of not mentioning the survey numbers in a rectification deed, by way of an appendix / note duly signed by the Vendor in the presence of an advocate to be annexed to this registered rectification deed to be treated as part and parcel of the  Rectification deed? 

- by Sebastian,

All alterations, additions or deletions, to a property document already registered with the concerned Sub-Registrar need to be carried out by executing a ‘Rectification Deed’ irrespective of whether the corrections are to be carried out to the main deed or its annexures, or to the rectification deed or to the supplementary deed and such corrected deeds also require to be registered with the concerned Sub-Registrar since the records of the Sub-registrar should invariably be amended accordingly. The proposal you have put forth is not legally correct.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.