logo logo

I had purchased a house in Basaveswaranagar, which I had bequeathed to my only daughter.  The will is registered.  Unfortunately my daughter is suffering from serious heart problem and needs hospitalization and surgery.  The doctor has informed that the entire process may cost two lakhs and some additional amount for post operation treatment.  I want to mortgage my house which is willed to my daughter and avail loan.  Please advise whether it is possible?

- by Virupakshappa, Channapatna

You have absolute rights on your house in your lifetime, can deal with as you like it and have right to cancel the will, make fresh will if necessary.  Your daughter will get the rights of house only after your death.  You may mortgage the house to avail the loan.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.