logo logo

My husband died, leaving my child and me behind. I depend on the income from my husband's property. Now, my mother-in-law is asking for a share in the property. She has other income. Is she entitled to a share in my husband's property?

- by Rajeshware, Bangalore

Hindu law says after the death of a person, his wife, children and his mother have equal share in his property. In your case, your mother-in-law is entitled to a share in the property


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.