logo logo

A friend of mine recently lost his documents of title while on a journey.  He is facing lot of problems? In a situation like this should he do?

- by Akbar Khan, Shivajinagar

As soon as the loss of document is noticed it must be reported to the nearest Police Station. Thereafter, it is necessary to notify the loss of documents in a local news paper. These are precautionary steps to prevent misuse of the documents. For certified copies of the lost documents your friend may have to apply to the jurisdictional Registrar.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.