logo logo

I have purchased a site near Krishnarajapuram. The site is formed in converted land for non-agricultural residential purpose the site is assessed for property tax by the village Panchayat.  I have planned to construct a house in the site and planes are being submitted to village Panchayat for approval.  But I apprehend the land may be notified for acquisition by BDA in due course.  What will be the position of the house constructed in case BDA notices the land for acquisition?

- by Vinod Kumar, Bangalore

The BDA may notify the land for acquisition at any time. The BDA first issues preliminary notification where in it calls for any objections. BDA also conducts the survey of lands proposed to be acquired and documents the developments and constructions. Thereafter considering the objections and the developments, final notification will be issued. Any constructions prior to the preliminary notification will be integrated into the layout. You may go ahead with construction of house after obtaining approval of plan and thereafter get the property assessed for tax. In case BDA notifies the land for acquisition you may file objections with relevant documents.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.


Q:- I am a practicing Doctor. I own a house at Indiranagar, which is in residential area. Can I open a Clinic in the Car Garage? Is it permitted under Law?

Q:- I have a revenue site which is of dimension 30’ X 40’.  But in the particular layout, almost all the houses are built.  Few of them don’t have DC conversion.  I want to know how to apply for the DC conversion.  Can I as a single person apply for DC Conversion and how long it will take?

Q:- In your issue dated September 2004, under FAQ, it is informed that if an agricultural land is purchased by a person who is not eligible, such property automatically vests in the government. Please inform what is the position in case of a person who is not eligible to own an agricultural land; acquires agricultural land by Will or by inheritance.

Q:- My family is of agriculturists. We jointly own five acres, 20 guntas of agricultural land. The lands falls in green belt area. The income from agriculture is only source of our livelihood. Ours is a joint family consisting of 22 members. The land in close proximity to the Bangalore City and there is an apprehension, that the land may be notified by BDA at any time. As such can we initiate any legal process to avoid acquisition from BDA?

Q:- My son wants to purchase a plot near Horamavu, but on verification of CDP map, the plot was found to be in green belt area. I have been advised that non-agriculturist are not eligible to purchase agricultural lands. The present owner assures me that the problem can be solved by registering the land in Sq. Fts. instead of guntas. My father is a farmer. Many such transactions have taken place. Can my son purchase this land and construct a house. There are also chances of land being notified by BDA, in that case what are the consequences?