logo logo

Inadvertently, boundaries of my house site have been wrongly mentioned in the sale deed which is already registered in my favour.  Please let me know how to get this mistake rectified?  Whether will it suffice if I address a letter to the concerned Sub-Registrar to correct my sale deed and their records?  Or whether any rectification deed is to be executed to rectify this mistake?  If so, what are the registration charges payable to registration of rectification deed?

- by Shamrao, Koramangala

Mistakes of the type mentioned above in a registered document can be rectified only by a rectification deed registration, which is compulsory. Generally, stamp duty of Rs.100/- is payable for registration of rectification deed.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.