logo logo

My friend has immovable properties in States of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.  He has made a WILL in respect of these properties and wants to get it registered. Please clarify:
(a) As to the state in which will is to be registered.
(b) Can any member of the public or legal heirs of my friend obtain certified copies of the will?

- by Aravindam, Salem

(a) Your friend can get his will registered in any Sub Registrar / District Registrar’s Office in India. There is no jurisdictional restriction for registration of will.

(b) The testator, that is the person who has made the will has right to obtain copies of the will during his life time and no one else is permitted to obtain the copies. On death of the testator any one can obtain certified copy of the registered will.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.