logo logo

I have planned to purchase a site in Mysore Road. The site is duly converted for non-agricultural residential purpose. This is a private layout the developers claim that they have NOC from BDA and also have paid betterment charges. Will NOC from BDA is enough:

- by Shylendra, Bangalore

Please verify whether the layout is approved by BDA or BMRDA or BMIC or by any other approved planning authority as the registration of sites in layouts not approved by planning authorities are prohibited. NOC from BDA generally relates to the status of the site on a particular date but does not guarantee that in future BDA will not acquire the land, nor layout is approved. If the betterment charges are paid to CMC and katha in form no 19 is available and the layout is approved by authorised planning agency, you may purchase the site provided that the title of the seller is good. It would be advisable to proceed through an advocate.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.


Q:- There are two houses in a compound. I am staying in the house which is behind my cousin's. To reach the road we have been using the passage that runs through my cousin's property for more than 25 years. He sold his property to another person without our knowledge and the new owner is obstructing our passage to the road. There is no other alternative route to the road. What shall we do?

Q:- Certain hidden facts like pending cases, prior agreements, government notification of the property cannot be traced easily by verification of the documents. How can these hidden factors be uncov┬Čered, and what should a purchaser do to protect himself against these factors?

Q:- What is the procedure for Khata transfer and the actual cost to transfer the Khata. How do we know that the Khata transfer certificate is original?

Q:- I am not able to understand the difference between Khata Certificate and Khata Extract. Would you please enlighten me on this?  Could you also brief me about the importance of Encumbrance Certificate?

Q:- My son wants to purchase a plot near Horamavu, but on verification of CDP map, the plot was found to be in green belt area. I have been advised that non-agriculturist is not eligible to purchase agricultural lands. The present owner assures me that the problem can be solved by registering the land in Sq, fts. Instead of guntas. My father is a farmer. Many such transactions have taken place. Can my son purchase this land and construct a house. There are also chances of land being notified by BDA, in that case what are the consequences?