logo logo

I have purchased a site near Hebbal and want to construct a house. My friend has informed them the site is an Agricultural land and the previous owner had not converted the land to non-agricultural purpose. But the previous owner maintains at the       Bangalore Mahanagara Palike has collected the betterment charges as the area came within Corporation limits. Please advise.

- by Hanumantharayappa, Hebbal

Basically the agricultural land cannot be used for any other purpose unless it is conversed for non-agricultural purpose, on payment of conversion charges under the provisions of Karnataka Land Revenue Act. But owning to the expansion of the city limits, the peripheral areas comes under the jurisdiction of Municipal authorities concerned who collect betterment charges and assign khatha number to such sites. Such sites do not need any conversion and may be used for non-agricultural purpose. You may verify the relevant records in corporation area office with specific reference to ward number and Khatha.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.