logo logo

What are the documents needed to be produced at the time of registration of Sale deed of agricultural land?

- by Mohanlal, Raichur

In case of purchase of agricultural lands the following documents are required to be produced:

1. Form No. 1 – 2 Nos.

2. Vendor’s pani, mutation.

3. Purchaser’s pani.

4. Survey map of the land to be sold, certified by the survey department.

5. Affidavits – 4 Nos.

6. J form.

The non-agricultural income of the purchaser should not exceed Rs.2 lakhs per year as per Sec. 79-A of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961.

Sale of the land granted by the government is not allowed for a period of 15 years.  Purchase of such properties requires no objection certificates from the Tahasildar.  Similarly sale of land granted to members of Scheduled Caste and Tribes is not allowed.

Purchase of agricultural lands by people other than agriculturists and agricultural labourers needs permission from government as per Section 79-B of Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961.

In case of purchase of agricultural lands by clubs, association, permission from government is mandatory as per Section 109 of Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.