logo logo

I want to purchase a house in limits of Byatarayanapura CMC. The present owner has produced all the documents but not the Khata endorsement or Khata Certificate. I was told that CMC will not issue Khata Certificate. Please clarify.

- by Mohammed Hasan, Kempapura

The CMC at present is not collecting betterment charges and not issuing khatas. If the betterment charges are already paid, the CMC would have issued khata in Form No. 19. Call for betterment charges paid receipt, approved plan, tax paid receipts and khata in Form No. 19. If these records are not available, it must be unauthorised construction. In the absence of khata and approved plan, it would be difficult to avail housing finance.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.