logo logo

My father is a partner in a real estate firm of good standing, Since he is suffering from poor health, can I not succeed him as the sole legal heir? 

- by Satish Kumar, Chickmagalur

It all depends on what the partnership agreement says. Under the Indian Partnership Act, no person can be admitted into partnership without the consent of the other partners unless there is a clause in the agreement to that effect. Since your father is in a poor state of health and cannot carry on the duties of a partner, he may retire from the partnership and with the consent of the other partners you can succeed your father.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.