logo logo

I am planning to buy an apartment in Brook-field which comes under Mahadevapura CMC. My builder has got the approval for apartment as well as he has paid betterment charges in July 2005. But my builder says they do not have BDA release note and my lawyer is telling if the builder does not have it then don’t buy the apartments. With this circumstance can I be able to register apartment in my name. If yes, how should I go ahead? Please help in this regard.

- by Surjit Mahapatra, Bangalore

Any layout has to be approved by planning authority/BDA and thereafter the BDA has to release the sites for sale/construction. If the apartment has got more than ground + 3 floors the plan needs approval from BDA. If your builder does not release letter from BDA, it is preferable not to go for purchase.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.