logo logo

My brother has purchased a flat. It has not been registered. He is now in U.S.A. The promoter says that for the purpose of registration, the purchaser’s presence before the sub-registrar is necessary and on this plea he avoiding the registration. My brother is pressurizing me to complete the registration formalities immediately. How can I solve this problem?

- by S. Ramaiah, Matthikere

Your brother has to furnish a General Power of Attorney to you giving you the power to register the property in his name in the concerned office of  the sub-registrar. Since your brother is not residing in India, he may execute the GPA in your favour in U.S.A. before the Indian Consul or Vice Consul or a Judge or in a Court or before a representative of the Central Government.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.