How safe is buying DC – Converted site in and around BDA Layouts?
- by S.V. Raghavendra, Basaveshwarnagar, Bangalore
DC – converted site is an agricultural land converted to non-agricultural purpose by competent authority. Special Deputy Commissioner is the competent authority for Bangalore District. Apart from parent documents which establishes the title of the owner to the property the following documents have to be verified.
1. Nil Acquisition Certificate from BDA
2. Approved layout from BDA or BMRDA
3. Land is converted to Residential Purpose verify conversion order, conversion charges paid receipt.
4. The sites are formed and approved within the time stipulated in conversion order
5. Property is assessed for property tax and property tax receipts are issued.
6. The RTC discloses the conversion.
7. In case of lands falling under City Municipal Councils, the betterment charges should have paid before 29/05/03.
If the title of the owner is perfect and the conversion is from competent authority, there is no harm in buying the DC converted sites in and around BDA Layouts.