logo logo

I am purchasing a BDA corner property along with a house. What are the documents that I must collect from the vendor?

- by Debjit Roy, Koramangala

You must collect the following documents from the vendor at the time of execution of the Sale Deed:

(a) Auction sale confirmation letter issued by the BDA. (b) Receipt issued by the BDA or bank challan for the cost of site, (c) Certified copy of the auction sale agreement, (d) Original Sale Deed executed by BDA. (e) Possession Certificate issued by BDA. (f) Kama certificate issued by BDA (or BBMP if the area comes under BBMP). (g) All tax-paid receipts including latest tax-paid receipt, (h) Encumbrance Certificate from the date of allotment to date, (i) License for construction, (j) Copy of Sanction Plan, (k) Tax Assessment Order for the building.

In addition to these, the important documents you must collect are the latest electricity and water bill payment receipts along with deposit receipts.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.