logo logo

To get the Khata transferred in respect of property acquired by inheritance, is it necessary to register the property in Office of the Sub Registrar?

- by Shantaram, Malleswaram

It is not necessary to do so.  After the death of owner of a property his heirs, such as wife, children i.e., male and female, married or unmarried may get the Khata transferred on production of death certificate of the owner with details of property held by him to the concerned municipal authorities.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.