logo logo

I had purchased a house in Basaveshwarnagar, which I had bequeathed to my only daughter. The will is registered. Unfortunately my daughter is suffering from serious heart problem and needs hospitalization and surgery. The doctor has informed that the entire process may cost two lakh and some additional amount for post operation treatment. I want to mortgage my house which is willed to my daughter and avail loan. Please advise whether it is possible?

- by Virupakshappa, Channapatna

You may mortgage the house to avail the loan. You have absolute rights to deal with the property as you like during your lifetime. You also have the right to cancel the Will and make fresh Wills as many times as you like during your life time. Your daughter will get the rights over the property only after your death.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.