logo logo

The Bangalore Development Authority has allotted a site to me at Koramangala. Later, the area was developed as commercial and I altered a portion of my ground floor property for commercial use. Now the BDA has issued a show cause notice asking me to explain my action. What should I do?

- by Ramesh, Koramangala

As per the Comprehensive Development Plan, the metropolitan area is divided into different zones like residential, industrial, civic amenities, agriculture etc. Any development must conform to the land use of the zone in which the property is earmarked. Therefore, a site allotted for residence must be used for residential purpose only. However if you intend to use the property for commercial purpose, you have to obtain prior permission from the Town Planning Authority for  change of land use. This must be done to avoid future complications.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.


Q:- I purchased a first floor flat from a promoter. From the second floor water is leading into my bathroom. Shall I ask the promoter to rectify the defect or the second floor owner? What is the remedy? Can I file a case against the promoter?

Q:- I have immovable properties in Mumbai, Bangalore which are let-out, now I require them for my business. Please inform me, in general, the grounds for eviction of my tenants?

Q:- This query is about undivided land in apartments building. What care should be taken above the undivided land while purchasing a flat? Should we register this also while purchasing the flat? Can we construct an independent house after the flats are demolished?

Q:- I am staying in a rented apartment. As per the terms of the rental agreement, I issued 3 month's notice to the landlord. The land¬lord says he cannot refund the security deposit till he finds a new tenant. He is suggesting me to vacate the apartment. If I vacate the apartment I may not get the deposit back. If I do not vacate he will go on adjusting the rent against the deposit, which I do not want. Please suggest a way out to solve the problem.

Q:- I have entered into an agreement to sell to buy a flat.  Now the builder insists that I pay service tax, sales tax, electricity and BWSSB charges, stamp duty, registration charges corpus fund for association which will be nearly 25% more than agreed flat rate.  Whether I am liable to pay all the charges or not kindly clarify.