logo logo

How safe is buying DC – Converted site in and around BDA Layouts?

- by S.V. Raghavendra, Basaveshwarnagar, Bangalore

DC – converted site is an agricultural land converted to non-agricultural purpose by competent authority. Special Deputy Commissioner is the competent authority for Bangalore District. Apart from parent documents which establishes the title of the owner to the property the following documents have to be verified.

1. Nil Acquisition Certificate from BDA

2. Approved layout from BDA or BMRDA

3. Land is converted to Residential Purpose verify conversion order, conversion charges paid receipt.

4. The sites are formed and approved within the time stipulated in conversion order

5. Property is assessed for property tax and property tax receipts are issued.

6. The RTC discloses the conversion.

7. In case of lands falling under City Municipal Councils, the betterment charges should have paid before 29/05/03.

If the title of the owner is perfect and the conversion is from competent authority, there is no harm in buying the DC converted sites in and around BDA Layouts.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.


Q:- I have purchased a site at Kengeri measuring 30’ x 40’.  But the sale deed which was registered mentions the area as 29’ X 40’.  The consideration was paid for 30’ X 40’.  I did not consider it as major mistake as the entire site area of 30’ X 40’ was fenced and the site was in my possession from the date of purchase that is 1990.  I have constructed a house also. However my neighbor is claiming that 1’ X 40’ area belongs to him. I seek your kind advice as to the course of action to be taken. 

I would like to state that I bought a site in BSK VI stage. I am desired to know more about the area and the progress that is being taken place. By what time the area will be fully developed to proceed on constructing a house.
What are the documents other than sale deed,  Khata, tax paid receipt required to avail loan from the banks? Is encumbrance certificate to be made if the allotment is made by the BDA directly?

Q:- My father owns a property in Bangalore. It consists of ground floor only, we are two brothers and one sister. Property in question stands in the name of my father, which is self acquired. I have been granted a home loan to construct the first floor; my sister and brother have given no objection letter to construct the first floor. Later on my brother wants to construct the second floor. But my father has refused to give no objection letter or even cede our proportionate share in the property. Please advice how to overcome this problem. 

Q:- If a property is approved by BDA, BMRDA or by BIAPPA. Can that piece of land be lost by way of acquisition?

Q:- Shall I purchase a revenue site at Sarjapura Road, Bangalore?