logo logo

The Bangalore Development Authority has allotted a site to me at Koramangala. Later, the area was developed as commercial and I altered a portion of my ground floor property for commercial use. Now the BDA has issued a show cause notice asking me to explain my action. What should I do?

- by Ramesh, Koramangala

As per the Comprehensive Development Plan, the metropolitan area is divided into different zones like residential, industrial, civic amenities, agriculture etc. Any development must conform to the land use of the zone in which the property is earmarked. Therefore, a site allotted for residence must be used for residential purpose only. However if you intend to use the property for commercial purpose, you have to obtain prior permission from the Town Planning Authority for  change of land use. This must be done to avoid future complications.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.