logo logo

Recently we bought a CMC site in Banashankari. It’s a revenue-converted land and all the papers are clear. We have the Katha, tax paid receipts, encumbrance certificate, sale deed everything. But now, BDA has stopped the construction saying that it is a BDA site allotted to somebody in 1985. But we have all the tax receipts from 1961. What should we do? Please advice. 

- by Archana, R’nagar, Bangalore

If the BDA has allotted the site to somebody during 1985, the title of property vests with the BDA which, later on passes to the allottee on execution of sale deed by BDA in favour of the allottee. BDA might have acquired the land and the seller might have cheated you. Nobody else has any right to sell such property and though you have sale deed, Khatha, tax paid taxes, encumbrance certificates, you do not get proper legally valid title. However, you may show all the papers to an advocate and seek guidance and also verify records at the BDA office.


These are all the legal questions answered by Advocate S.Selvakumar in various magazines, in various occasion including realestate reporter monthly.