What is foreclosure?

This right is available to the mortgagee, who may exercise this after the mortgaged money has become due and before decree has been passed for redemption or mortgaged money has been paid or deposited in the court.

The mortgagee has a right to obtain from a competent court a decree that the mortgagor shall absolutely be debarred of his right of redemption or that the property be sold.