Which documents will serve as proof of “Identity”? 

Copy of the school leaving certificate or matriculation certificate or degree of a recognized educational institution or depository account or credit card or bank account or water bill or ration card or property tax assessment order or passport or voter identity card or driving license or certificate of identity signed by a MP or an MLA or a Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted Officer.

In case the PAN applicant is a minor, any of the above documents of any of the parents or guardian of such minor shall serve as proof of identity.
In case PAN application is made on behalf of a HUF, any of above documents in respect of Karta of the HUF will serve as proof of Identity.