If an instrument is under stamped by accident or ignorance of the parties can it be rectified? If so what is the procedure?

YES. There is provision to rectify the mistake. Section 41 of Indian stamp act and section 40 of Karnataka stamp act provides for such situations. The time limit is one year from the date of execution. But this relief is not applicable for promissory note, bill of exchange; instrument attracting stamp duty of 15 paisa or less and mortgage of crop. The concerned parties on his own by producing the document, may bring it, to the notice of the Collector or Dist. Registrar, the fact that the instrument is under stamped and agrees to pay the amount of the shortfall. If the Collector or Dist. Registrar is satisfied that the instrument is under stamped by accident, mistake or urgent necessity, he may permit the party to pay the correct stamp duty and shall certify to the that effect.


Whether the land converted for residential purposes could be utilized for construction of a school building?

In case of take over loan where the property is transferred by virtue of a general power of attorney whether the bank should insist on execution of a new general power of attorney or the earlier general power of attorney will hold good?

It is the normal practice that banks advance money to the individual borrowers for purchase of flats in an apartment building. Suppose after release of  home loan to the individual borrower, either in full or in part, who in turn has passed on this sum to the developer and  the developer abandons the project half way through  or unduly  delays in completion of the apartment building depriving the borrower to get the sale deed  executed in his favour, then how  the bank can enforce its  right for the money lent to the borrower for purchase of a flat in  the said apartment building? 

What right the creditor bank gets from the deed of declaration and joint development agreement, if not registered or proper stamp duty is not paid on the instrument?

Whether the deed of declaration and joint development agreements are enforceable in court of law without paying stamp duty?

What is meant by irrevocable power of attorney of immovable properties?

Is it necessary to register Power of Attorney to present documents for registration?

Is it necessary to register a General Power of Attorney (GPA)? 

What is the difference between Witness and Consenting Witness?

Can one become owner of a flat by purchasing and registering only undivided share of the land?