logo logo

Is it compulsory to register an Agreement to sell entered into with the seller of an immovable property?

It is not compulsory to register an Agreement of Sell entered between the seller of an immovable property and its buyer. Only the Sale Deed is required to be registered. Though optional, it is advisable to register the Agreement to sell because once it is registered; the buyer’s name will be entered in the encumbrance records. There will be a charge on the property for the advance amount paid to the seller. It will not be possible for the seller to cheat the buyer very easily. The cost of registering an Agreement to sell is very nominal. Applicable Stamp Duty in Karnataka is only Rs. 200/-. 


Whether the land converted for residential purposes could be utilized for construction of a school building?

In case of take over loan where the property is transferred by virtue of a general power of attorney whether the bank should insist on execution of a new general power of attorney or the earlier general power of attorney will hold good?

It is the normal practice that banks advance money to the individual borrowers for purchase of flats in an apartment building. Suppose after release of  home loan to the individual borrower, either in full or in part, who in turn has passed on this sum to the developer and  the developer abandons the project half way through  or unduly  delays in completion of the apartment building depriving the borrower to get the sale deed  executed in his favour, then how  the bank can enforce its  right for the money lent to the borrower for purchase of a flat in  the said apartment building? 

What right the creditor bank gets from the deed of declaration and joint development agreement, if not registered or proper stamp duty is not paid on the instrument?

Whether the deed of declaration and joint development agreements are enforceable in court of law without paying stamp duty?

What is meant by irrevocable power of attorney of immovable properties?

Is it necessary to register Power of Attorney to present documents for registration?

Is it necessary to register a General Power of Attorney (GPA)? 

What is the difference between Witness and Consenting Witness?

Can one become owner of a flat by purchasing and registering only undivided share of the land?