What is the position of the mother, if the father appoints a guardian to minor person and property by Will?

Father may appoint a guardian by Will to the person and property of his minor child.  However such appointment of a guardian by Will does not have any effect if the father dies leaving behind his wife (mother of the minor child) who is the natural guardian of the minor child.  The mother (natural guardian) will succeed as guardian and not the person appointed by Will of the father.  She may appoint a different guardian by her will, who will succeed as guardian on the death of the mother. In case, she does not appoint any guardian by Will, the guardian appointed by the father by Will, will succeed as guardian of minor on the death of the mother. The guardian will act only till the minor completes eighteen years of age.