Can Hindu Women appoint a guardian to her minor child?

The father and mother are the natural guardians of the minor child. The mother succeeds as a natural guardian of the minor child on demise of the father. The mother is entitled to appoint a guardian to look after the properties and also welfare of her minor child by means of a Will, which becomes operative after her death. But, she cannot appoint a guardian for the joint family properties where the minor child has undivided interest.

A Hindu mother who is entitled to act as a natural guardian of her minor illegitimate child may also appoint a guardian through means of a will to look after the property and the welfare of her minor illegitimate child.