logo logo

Whether the land converted for residential purposes could be utilized for construction of a school building?

Change of land use requires permission of the competent authority i.e. the Deputy Commissioner of the jurisdictional area. In the present instance, the order of land conversion was obtained for residential purposes and therefore, this land cannot be utilized for construction of school building without an order from the jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner for change of land use who shall take into consideration the zonal regulations such as green belt area, commercial area, etc., before giving any permission for change of land use from residential to non-residential commercial use.